Thank you to all our LUCES Donors for
supporting our Scholarships Fund and our Rising Stars Mentoring Program!
Congratulations to our
2017 LUCES Scholarships Recipients!
Brenda Aranda Sanchez
Attending: UW-Eau Claire
Other Scholarships Resources for Minority Students.
Attending: Madison College
Attending: UW - Stevens Point
Latinos United for College Education Scholarships
Student Scholarship Application
Fall semester 2017
Latinos United for College Education Scholarships, Inc. (LUCES) is committed to “promoting and
advocating for the higher educational advancement of Latinos through the provision of merit and
need based scholarships”. LUCES offer general and/or special scholarships to Latinos entering or enrolled in college. Scholarships are available ranging from $750 to $1,000 for one semester during the academic year.
The LUCES Scholarship recognizes outstanding Latino high school students in their senior year, college students or adult returning students that have completed their GED/HSED who have shown previous involvement in volunteer/leadership or community activities.
1. Applicants must have a current high school or college GPA of 3.0.
2. Include a copy of your high school or college transcript.
3. Recipients must be enrolled for a minimum of six credits during the semester in which they receive the scholarship at an accredited Wisconsin College or University.
4. Include two letters of recommendation from a classroom teacher, employer, volunteer program coordinator or other community member who can speak about your motivation for higher education and address your academic, volunteer and community achievements. The letter can be in English or Spanish.
5. Must be a Wisconsin Resident to be attending a college or university in the South Central Wisconsin area.
How to apply:
Download and fill-out application form (link below). Completed application packet must be emailed by....
Application is closed but will be available at the end of March, 2018. Please contact us if any questions at:
E-mail/scan your application and recommendation letters with attachments to: email@example.com
Harriet Nahomi Briones Rodriguez
Rosa Ruiz Perez